The following article has been contributed by Steve Richards.
***The views, opinions, positions or strategies expressed by the author and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, positions of SHTF Plan or its authors.***
Iâ€™ve been a fan of Glenn Beck for the past couple of years. However, since the health care bill was passed basically heâ€™s been saying:
Â» Protest without violence.
Â» Vote them out of office.
Okay, do it. Especially pray. Thatâ€™s going to help a whole lot.
Hell, it sounds like he has run out of ideas. Today he was indicating that God or the spirit had lead him in what he had to say. Where have we heard that before? Is this the same God who:
1) Led Ted Haggard to have homosexual relations while he preached against them?
2) Talked directly to Richard Roberts as he had people lay hands on their TVâ€™s for healing while he scammed and skimmed funds for personal and political pay-offâ€™s?
3) Told the now deceased Oral Roberts he would call him home unless he raised millions for his university and ministry? And of course, back in â€™87 Richard claimed he saw his daddy raise a child from the dead. Must have been some kind of Viagra substitute to get that little head to finally come up as Viagra wasnâ€™t invented till 1998.
4) Led Jimmy Swaggart (the crying preacher) to be caught with whores (prostitutes) twiceâ€¦ but cried: “I have sinned against you, my Lord, and I would ask that your precious blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God’s forgiveness.” Yepâ€¦ that and crocodile tears worked even as he was caught the 2nd time.
5) Led twisted-mouth Jim Bakker to have his affair with Jessica Hahn and his crooked fund raising activities landed his butt in prison.
6) Inspired Tony Alamo of the Tony Alamo Ministries to transport minors across state lines for sexual purposes (he was convicted in July of â€™09 and received 175 years).
Is this the same God who:
1) Protected any of the Christians praying in towers 1 & 2 in the WTC on 9/11?
2) Helped the 1,517 Christians (or mostly Christians) on the Titanic who perished?
3) Who watched while the Japâ€™s bombed Pearl Harbor or protected our men at Iwo Jima (6,821 dead) and Okinawa (12,513 dead)?
4) Who let 33,963 people die in vehicle crashes in 2009? Many of them were Christian.
5) Who let little Johnny get run over by a garbage truck this morning chasing his ball?
Enough already. You get the idea. And, thatâ€™s the point. When Glenn Beck or anybody else runs out of ideas they TURN TO GOD. But God (any God) doesnâ€™t help!
Yeah, yeahâ€¦ I know the Christian freaks will jump all over me for telling the truthâ€¦ but you can pray to God all day long and for 6 months of Sundays and he wonâ€™t answer.
Fact: If someone is breaking into your house with intent to rob and kill you, praying to God or Jesus or Mohammad or Buddha wonâ€™t save you. However, your pistol or shotgun may help take care of that punk
Fact: If youâ€™re driving too damn fast in the rain and your car begins to slide at 70 mph across lanes into on coming traffic, saying an instant prayer in the name of Jesus wonâ€™t help you. Better cross your fingers and toes and HOPE that big trucker is able to slam on his brakes before he plows into you. You deserved to die because you were too arrogant (and stupid) to slow the hell down!!
Fact: If youâ€™re dumb enough to strike a match over your BBQ using a quart of high-octane gasoline you deserve to have your face melted off and thereâ€™s no God in any Universe (whether parallel or not) who will save you!
Bottom line: When ancient Egypt fell all their Godâ€™s didnâ€™t help them. Neither did any God help the Persians or Greeks or the numerous Godâ€™s of the Romans. When Alaric the Goth took Rome in 410 all the Gods of the Romans couldnâ€™t save that crumbling empire. In World War I and World War II a German prayed to Jesus to protect him from the Allied soldiers while the Allied soldiers prayed to Jesus to protect them from the Germans. God didnâ€™t care. It was luck and keeping oneâ€™s head down.
You, me, all of us who are intelligent (or half-smart as grampâ€™s use to say), can see the writing on the wall just as Nebuchadnezzer did. Our American Empire is falling. We are teetering on the brink RIGHT NOW! And, when Glenn Beck and others have only God and prayer to save usâ€¦ not only has HE run out of ideas and a clear, cohesive plan to save the Republicâ€¦ people who follow this line are just willing sheep who have given up. He lost. Heâ€™s finished, and he knows it.
Think people! How did we win this Republic in the first place? How have we won anything in the past? Whether it was a war or a new invention or starting a business? It sure wasnâ€™t by sitting on our butts and whining about it over a slice of pizza and a beer. It wasnâ€™t by using the words: â€œI HOPE things will turn out okayâ€ or â€œIâ€™ll PRAY about it,â€ or â€œIâ€™ll LEAVE IT to the next guy.â€ YOU HAVE TO GET INVOLVED AND DO YOUR PART. Me? My military service notwithstanding, even as a Boy Scout I took an oath to uphold the Constitution.
Just for enlightenment, below is a partial list of the major Roman Gods taken from the Wikipedia. There were 12 main Godâ€™s (the Dii Consentes), but personally I like â€˜ol Bacchus. 🙂
Â» Apollo – god of the sun, poetry, music, and oracles, and a Dii Consentes
Â» Bona Dea – goddess of fertility, healing, virginity, and women. Also known as Fauna
Â» Bacchus – god of wine, sensual pleasures, and truth, not considered a Dii Consentes by the Romans
Â» Carmenta – goddess of childbirth and prophecy, and assigned a flamen minor. The leader of the Camenae.
Â» Ceres – goddess of the harvest and mother of Proserpina, and a Dii Consentes, and assigned a flamen minor
Â» Cybele – earth mother
Â» Diana – goddess of the hunt, the moon, virginity, and childbirth, twin sister of Apollo and a Dii Consentes
Â» Flora – goddess of flowers, and assigned a flamen minor
Â» Fortuna – goddess of fortune
Â» Janus – two-headed god of beginnings and endings and of doors
Â» Juno – Queen of the Gods and goddess of matrimony, and a Dii Consentes
Â» Jupiter – King of the Gods and the storm, air, and sky god, father of Venus, and a Dii Consentes, and assigned a flamen maior
Â» Mars – god of war and father of Romulus, the founder of Rome, lover of Venus, and a Dii Consentes, and assigned a flamen Maior
Â» Mercury – messenger of the gods and bearer of souls to the underworld, and a Dii Consentes(Hermes)
Â» Minerva – goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, and a Dii Consentes
Â» Neptune – god of the sea, earthquakes, and horses, and a Dii Consentes
Â» Ops – goddess of plenty
Â» Pluto – Pluto a name given to him by the Romans from Greek myths, he is the King of the Dead, and of the underworld.
Â» Pomona – goddess of fruit trees, and assigned a flamen minor.
Â» Portunes – god of keys, doors, and livestock, he was assigned a flamen minor.
Â» Proserpina – Queen of the Dead and a grain-goddess
Â» Quirinus – Romulus, the founder of Rome, was deified as Quirinus after his death. Quirinus was a war god and a god of the Roman people and state, and was assigned a flamen maior.
Â» Saturn – a titan, god of harvest and agriculture, the father of Jupiter, Neptune, Juno, and Pluto
Â» Uranus – god of the sky before Jupiter. Based on the Greek Ouranos.
Â» Venus – goddess of love and beauty, mother of the hero Aeneas, and a Dii Consentes
Â» Vesta – goddess of the hearth and the Roman state, and a Dii Consentes
Â» Volturnus – god of water, was assigned a flamen minor.
Â» Vulcan – god of the forge, fire, and blacksmiths, husband to Venus, and a Dii Consentes, and assigned a flamen minor
This article has been contributed by Steve Richards.