North Korea claims that president Donald Trump has “lit the wick of war,” and has issued a threat. The tyrannical regime says that it will unleash a “hail of fire” on the United States.
Tensions are not even close to cooling especially when it comes to the rhetoric between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Un. Ri Yong Ho, Pyongyang’s foreign minister, verbally lashed out at the US President and said that the red-hot tensions will not be settled with words. “With his bellicose and insane statement at the United Nations, Trump, you can say, has lit the wick of a war against us. We need to settle the final score, only with a hail of fire, not words,” Ri said.
President Trump has repeatedly hinted that conflict and war are in the near future with recent tweets suggesting that military action is still considered an option. With World War 3 perhaps just around the corner, Trump took to Twitter to raise tensions even higher. On Saturday he tweeted: “Presidents and their administrations have been talking to North Korea for 25 years, agreements made and massive amounts of money paid hasn’t worked, agreements violated before the ink was dry, makings fools of U.S. negotiators. Sorry, but only one thing will work!”
Yesterday, US bombers flew over the Korean peninsula in a show of force aimed at North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un which resulted in more threats from the rogue regime. The B-1B bombers from Guam staged a simulated air-to-ground missile-firing drill with two South Korean F-15K fighters over the East Sea. Japan also sent two military aircraft as tensions mount in the region.
Earlier this week, Russia’s foreign secretary Sergey Lavrov waded into the crisis and told his US counterpart, Rex Tillerson, the escalation of tension on the Korean peninsula is “unacceptable.” During a phone call with Secretary of State Tillerson, Vladimir Putin’s right-hand man discussed Syria, Korea, and Ukraine, the Russian foreign ministry revealed. Lavrov also told Tillerson that Moscow is demanding the US return Russian diplomatic property seized in 2016 by the Obama administration over suspected Russian interference in the general election.
The pair’s phone call came just hours after Donald Trump’s most senior general, James Mattis, told the US Army to “stand ready” for war with North Korea. General James ‘Mad dog’ Mattis warned it is impossible to tell what the future holds for the crisis, but urged US troops to be prepared for a confrontation with Kim Jong-un. Although Mattis said Trump is looking for a diplomatic solution, the military should still be prepared for an actual war.
“It is right now a diplomatically led, economic-sanction buttressed effort to try to turn North Korea off this path. Now what does the future hold? Neither you nor I can say, so there is one thing the US Army can do. And that is you have got to be ready to ensure that we have military options that our President can employ if needed,” General Mattis said.