Do you have a problem with President Obama’s health care bill, or do you question his eligibility status? Whatever your beef with the President may be, Chris Matthews says you’re a cracker, suggesting that any attack on the President is an ad hominem attack based on feelings and prejudice as opposed to intellect:
So much of this attack at Obama has been ad hominem directed at the person, the President. Whether it’s somebody, some cracker out there on the right, some third party type, who says he’s not an American, or if it’s somebody a little more sophisticated basically saying he’s a socialist…
You might be a cracker if…..
- You oppose the largest deficit spending in the history of the United States
- You don’t believe in universal health care provisions which mandate your participation through the threat of imprisonment
- You believe the internet should remain a free and open society
- You think that a talk radio or web site host should be able to discuss whatever topic he or she likes without a government requirement to provide equal time to opposing views
- You think that someone should audit the Federal Reserve’s bailout printing programs and the gold reportedly in their vaults
- You believe that open free markets and not governments create jobs
- You, like our founders, cling to the idea that the right to bear arms is a natural, inalienable right which protects your ability to defend your life, family, liberty and personal property from those who would do you harm
- You prefer not to have your genitalia touched when taking a commercial airline flight from one city to another
- You’ve ever been to a Tea Party rally
You might also be a cracker if you happen to be a White skinned non-democrat, or even a Hispanic/Black non-democrat, though we believe that some would refer to you as a sell-out if you’re the latter.
It seems that it is often pundits, talking heads and “journalists” of the left-wing persuasion who continue to insert race into this debate, while most third-partiers and republicans could really care less what color our President is. Though admittedly, many would like to know more about his background, namely whether or not he was actually born in the USA and what he meant when he had Dreams of His Father, Barack Obama, Sr, who just so happened to be a dedicated member of the Kenyan Communist Party.
While we won’t deny the fact that some will attack our President through the use of racist or bigoted language and personal insults, the majority of the arguments presented by third-party independents and those of the Republican Party are based on ideologies, policies and politics – not color – as Mr. Matthews implies with his cracker comment.
One doesn’t have to be a ‘cracker’ to realize that President Obama is, in fact, a socialist with communist leanings. His entire platform is built on this – it simply cannot be denied.
Update: For our international readers, or those unfamiliar with the term “cracker,” we offer the following definition from www.urbandictionary.com :
CRACKER [krak-er] /ËˆkrÃ¦kÉ™r/
1) Slang word used to refer to those of European ancestry. The word is thought to have either derived from the sound of a whip being cracked by slave owners, or because crackers are generally white in color
2) A racist term used against Caucasians/Whites