There were some who didn’t agree with our views that you should stay home when the streets explode into violent and out of control rioting. We suggested that rather than joining protesters and rioters, it may be in the interest of your safety, as well as the safety of your family, to focus your efforts on home and self defense.
If you want to be a part of this, have at it:
Just remember, though, that while you’re out throwing Molotov cocktail’s and engaging military/police in confrontation, your family will be sitting at home wondering where you are and facing the real threat that the violence may spill over into your neighborhood.
Our primary objective in any far from equilibrium event, disaster or crisis is to ensure the safety of those closest to us.
Egyptians armed with sticks and razors have formed vigilante groups to defend their homes from looters after police disappeared from the streets following days of violent protests.
“There is no police to be found anywhere,” said Ghadeer, 23, from an upscale neighborhood. “Doormen and young boys from their neighborhoods are standing outside holding sticks, razors and other weapons to prevent people from coming in.”
She added: “The community is working together to stop this and protect ourselves.”
The major difference between a riot and neighborhood violence in Egypt, and what would hit the streets of America may likely be that looters and gangs will be armed with a lot more than just sticks, knives and bricks – the same goes for community vigilantes.
Police and military will be at the center of the riot hot spots, or at home with their own families, which means that your neighborhood will be completely unprotected.
Looters will come looking for valuables, food, water, and weapons. Even more alarming are those criminal elements who will simply be looking to harm defenseless innocents.
Any well rounded SHTF1 Plan for riots may include, but is not limited to:
- Having enough food on hand for at least two weeks, as the normal flow of commerce will likely come to a halt
- Having enough water on hand for at least two weeks, just in case water utility plants are attacked (it wouldn’t takeÂ much to make your local tap water undrinkable)
- Close range firearms like handguns and shotguns in the event of a break-in of your home while you’re inside
- Longer range weapons like a semi-automatic SKS or AR15 to handle perimeter defense of the outer security layer of your property or neighborhood.
- Some sort of communication devices for neighborhood patrols (walkie talkies will do)
- Night vision goggles or scope – if you have the ability to acquire night vision equipment, it can come in very handy. And with the advancements in technology in recent years, even Generation 1 NV can be quite effective at detecting and targeting enemies.
- Flashlights, flood lights (including extra batteries and/or a generator) that can be used to help illuminate the outer security layer of your neighborhood if a threat is detected.
- Discretion – Remember, today it’s a riot and the Shit is Hitting the Fan, tomorrow it could be TEOTWAWKI2. Under no circumstance should you alert your neighbors, even if you are working with them to setup perimeter defense of your neighborhood, about your reserve food, water, ammunition, gas or other preps. Don’t share your weapons if you don’t have to – because you might not get them back. If the neighborhood finds out you have reserve food and water, and if the situation goes into extra innings, there will be tens of people at your front door looking to consume your larder on a daily basis.
1. SHTF – Shit Hits The Fan, also Shoomer Hits The Fan
2. TEOTWAWKI – The End of the World as We Know It