Damon Vickers is the author of The Day After the Dollar Crashes: A Survival Guide for the Rise of the New World Order, and he’s recently put together a micro-documentary (available below) detailing what the global coup d’etat may look like once the dollar takes it’s final catastrophic plunge to oblivion.
As you can imagine, it will be ripe with collapsing assets prices, panic, riots, and violence. According to Mr. Vickers, and a scenario we can certainly see as a plausibility, the initial trigger for such a game-changing event may occur if The Federal Reserve continues to debase the US currency at the expense of China’s vast US dollar reserves. If and when the Chinese finally decide it’s time, and put a freeze on purchases of US debt, the game is over. It’s as simple as that. We will immediately go into cardiac arrest.
The Day After The Dollar Crashes micro-doc trailer is recommended viewing for anyone who’s wondered aboutÂ what signs to look for prior to our falling off the cliff. While events may unfold a bit differently than Vickers suggests – and even he makes it clear that it may not happen exactly as depicted – the important takeaways are these:
- A US sovereign debt collapse or hyperinflationary armageddon could be triggered quickly, and without warning, if the Chinese government halts debt purchases.
- The initial reactions will hit Wall Street ahead of Main Street, likely sending equities, corporate bonds and government debt-based assets tumbling.
- Key commodities and precious metals will become the assets of last resort, but even those (paper denominated, especially) may experience extreme volatility due to problems that will arise within stock and commodity market exchange systems.
- It will happen quickly. But, for those who understand what is happening, there will be several days, perhaps as much as two weeks, to make final preparations and make it to safety, outside of riot and high crime zones which will undoubtedly spring up around the country.
- While Mr. Vickers suggests the end-game for such a monetary fall out will result in a new world reserve currency system and economic, political, social and military global governance, this is only one of many possibilities. In prior discussions we’ve covered various scenarios, including the possibility of global governance in response to such a crisis, as well as a complete hyperinflationary meltdown of the (economic, political, social) system as we know it. If global governments are able to maintain control over a panicked and rioting populace, then the normal flow of commerce, or some semblance of it, may remain intact.
- There is also the possibility that commerce, including food procurement and transportation comes to a halt for a time, as there will not exist a medium of exchange to transact goods in the event of a complete dollar wipe-out.
- It is better to be prepared for such an event a month or year early, rather than a day late.
Is this a clear and present danger to the security and freedom of every American? We’ll leave that to you to decide.
But, if you are concerned that it might happen, and everyday it seems like things on the international monetary front are getting worse, consider what you would do when the signs start staring you in the face.
Watch the Micro Documentary Introduction to The Day After The Dollar Crashes
[Approximately 10 minutes]
Some related reading for those seeking preparedness ideas and strategies: