Â Jim Rogers interviewed on March 13, 2009 talks about the current (3 day) market rally, China and US Treasuries, global currencies, hard assets, and ‘profitable banks’.
- Massive short-squeeze on the dollar forcing liquidations and artificially raising the strength of the dollar.
- Still no cash safe-haven, including problems with the Japanese Yen and Swiss Franc
- Real Assets (commodities) still have enhanced fundamentals and may be one of the few safehavens during crisis
- Owns gold, but likes silver even more
- Bank industry may have a big rally. Banks still have serious problems. Jim Rogers indicates he is short selling JP Morgan due to giant derivative positions and credit card debt.
- Nothing constructive will come out of G20 meeting
- Food inventories around the world are low. shortage of credit lending to farmers. shortage of farmers. Expects agriculture to be one of the best investments for the next 20 years.