Janet Napolitano’s TSA is now subpoenaing bloggers, demands names of sources that provided new security directives without approval of the TSA:
As the government reviews how an alleged terrorist was able to bring a bomb onto a U.S.-bound plane and try to blow it up on Christmas Day, the Transportation Security Administration is going after bloggers who wrote about a directive to increase security after the incident.
It turns out that the bloggers actually received the information anonymously, which is great, because those sources can now leak memos to the general public in the future, keeping a cross-check on the TSA and many of its asinine policies.
In the interest of openness and transparency, inquiring minds wonder why bloggers have to share non essential details with the TSA, while the TSA and other Federal agencies are required to share nothing with the American public. Here is a brief list of items we’d like to subpoena the Federal government for concerning the recent terror incident and other events:
- A copy of the passport used by the terrorist when he boarded the plane in Holland. The Dutch intelligence services say he boarded with a legitimate Nigerian passport, so it should be easy to provide, even if portions of it may have charred in his failed attempt to blow up an airliner.
- An accounting of all the gold held in Fort Knox
- An audit of the Federal Reserve, so that the American people know exactly how far in the hole we are.
- A list of all the banks and financial institutions that received government bailouts (part of the above point).
- The notes and/or audio recordings of all meetings concerning TARP, stimulus, and bailouts that involved the Federal Reserve, Treasury Department and private sectors businesses like Goldman Sachs, Bank of America or AIG. We think that meeting in secret, behind closed doors, goes against the policy of transparency President Obama said would be at the forefront of his Presidency. Let’s let the American people see what happens in these meetings.
And, since we’re asking for subpoenas, let me throw in the following for sh%ts and giggles since they popped into my head as this post was being put together:
- A certified copy of the President’s Birth Certificate (not the ‘certification of live birth’)
- The 85 or so security tapes that surrounded the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. To date, only 5 frames of the incident from a single camera have been released to the public.
- Specific details of the Kennedy assassination, including 1) who ordered the standdown of secret service moments before JFK was killedÂ 2) who surgically repaired JFK’s skull during the time Kennedy was put on an airplane in Dallas and when he arrived in DC, and switched the autopsy photos?
We’ve got tons of other subpoenas we would love to send out, but in the interest of saving time and space, we’ll discuss those at another time. Please feel free to post your own subpoena requests in the comments below, though we likely won’t get any answers. But, it may be a fun exercise.
*Note: Some of our subpoena requests may be considered conpiracy theories or are conspiratorial in nature. To put an end to the rumors we suggest that all that would have to be done is toÂ provide the American public with documentation, video, audio or other evidence.