(This article is dedicated to SHTF reader Equorial, who came up with the original idea)
There are plenty of things happening up to the minute that are very serious. This list is not comprehensive, but meant to give you an overview of some of the things that have been put into place and a basic framework/timetable to use in your planning.
- August 16, 2016 – The CDC Rule “Control of Communicable Diseases” was published in the Federal Register [Federal Register Number: 2016-18103]. In this regulation the CDC empowers itself to apprehend and detain a person or many people to stop an epidemic, even before signs and symptoms appear. Source: article by Catherine J. Frompovich, “ALERT: U.S. CDC Giving Itself Unconstitutional POWERS to Round Up and Detain Citizens En Masse Anytime, Anywhere And Throw Away the Key.” (Link)
- August 31, 2016 – Tyler Durden of Zero Hedge reports the fall (bankruptcy) of Hanjin, the 7th largest container shipping firm in the world, with supply chain disruption just beginning to make a ripple effect. Article: “Global Supply Chains Paralyzed After World’s 7th Largest Container Shipper Files Bankruptcy, Assets Frozen.” (Link)
- September 3, 2016 – G-20 summit in China, Obama signs the U.S. on to the Climate Change agenda; documents are given to the UN with a U.S. commitment to reduce greenhouse gases and regulate all pollutant-producing industries prior to the end of 2016.
- September 3, 2016 – In an interview conducted by Rick Wiles, with Bill Holter comes the report by Holter that Jim Rickards, former CIA operative said the “dollar dies on September 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm. (link)
- September 5, 2016: An article circulates that the website Behold A Pale Horse report from July 5th that Obama had told the Washington Post “Americans would be better living under Martial Law.” (link)
- September 6, 2016 – North Korea lobs three more missiles toward Japan; Japan’s missile defense system ineffective, and the North Korean missiles are multiple-stage prototypes for ICBM’s.
- September 6, 2016 – Stefan Stanford of All News Pipeline releases a detailed, comprehensive report on the 2017 Winter Forecast, along with an e-mail from an active Law Enforcement Officer with a military contracting background and a dire warning of a bio-weapon and the collapse of the U.S. dollar being imminent, setting the stage for a freezing winter with a collapse and a tremendous civilian die-off. Article: “Active Duty LEO Warns America to ‘Prepare for a Gut Check’ – This Worst Nightmare Scenario for America Has Already Begun.” (link)
- September 8, 2016 As of this writing: Russian troop exercises and buildups occur on the eastern border of Ukraine; the U.S. and Russia still have not come to an agreement on how to conduct operations regarding Syria; Turkey continues its offensive in Syria; Iran continues to “buzz” the U.S. Navy warships, with the Navy responding with warning shots.
- September 9 through September 12, 2016 – the annual Muslim “Hajj” ceremony will take place
- September 11, 2016 – the 15-year anniversary of the destruction of the Twin Towers and 9/11.
- September 15, 2016 – the one-month date the aforementioned CDC regulation has been published in the Federal Register
- September 30, 2016 – The “Deadline for the Dollar” aforementioned by Jim Rickards.
- October 1, 2016 – The Internet officially handed off by Obama via the Commerce Department to ICANN, an organization to regulate the Internet primarily by Russian and Chinese government officials.
- November 6 through November 7, 2016 ? U.S. Election: “To Be or Not to Be: that is the question.”
This is a ton of information and events, and none of it should be taken lightly. In such a vein, Equorial was the one who provided me with the food for thought of this piece. He mentioned that election time might be a good time for everyone to consider taking a hotel/motel room somewhere off the beaten path/away from major metropolitan areas or centers of potential trouble. I consider this an excellent idea, and wish to expound upon it with this for starters.
How about renting a cabin for you and your family for 3-7 days in a remote area during the period encompassing the election?
I wish to state this would be perfect for those in an urban/heavy suburban area without a definitive “bug out” location for either a residence or a fallback location. This is the off-season, in which the prices would be considerably cheaper, now that the kids are back in school and summer is over. You could take your supplies and materials, all of your gear and essentials, lock up the apartment/house, and head to the cabin.
If the election doesn’t occur because of Obama and a martial law-type scenario with riots and such, or if it does with the aforementioned components…you and your family may stand a better chance out of the area of the majority of destructive events. I mention the cabin; however, be advised there are some small, remote towns with cheap motel rooms during the off-season that could be used in the same manner.
If nothing goes wrong: then it’s a good opportunity for you and the family to get away and practice your emergency procedures, do some training, and enjoy the great outdoors together. You’ll all be in a better position whether it hits the fan or not, and something positive could be derived from it. Another back-up to this plan would be to make arrangements to stay with a remote friend or relatives. Be honest with them: tell them the reasons behind it. In this manner you’re up front with them and they’ll be on board with the plan. It also saves you from an “eviction notice,” that could turn ugly very quickly.
The whole plan, of course, assumes that we make it as far as the election with everything that is going on right now. The whole point is to keep abreast of the things that are happening and plan accordingly to do the best you can with what you have and within your means. Organization and planning will take away a lot of the guesswork to where your actions become reflexive when all of the details are ironed out. Thank you, Equorial, for that good suggestion, and thanks to all of you readers who provide great information and techniques with your comments that help other readers out in a positive and productive manner.
Jeremiah Johnson is the Nom de plume of a retired Green Beret of the United States Army Special Forces (Airborne). Mr. Johnson is also a Gunsmith, a Certified Master Herbalist, a Montana Master Food Preserver, and a graduate of the U.S. Army’s SERE school (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape). He lives in a cabin in the mountains of Western Montana with his wife and three cats. You can follow Jeremiah’s regular writings at SHTFplan.com or contact him here.
This article may be republished or excerpted with proper attribution to the author and a link to www.SHTFplan.com.
Also From Jeremiah Johnson: