Jim Willie, of the Hat Trick Letter, outlines a variety of events that can cause a global domino effect and have the potential to change the world as we know it.
The odds are very high in favor of several events taking place this year. The key here is that a great many extremely damaging and highly disruptive events loom like giant gathering storm clouds that meet, complete with lightning displays. More terrestrial types might consider that a great many land mine explosives lie in the wide pathways ahead. At least a few extreme craters will be formed. A few financial edifices will be toppled. Great changes come, especially to the global power structures. This time around, the stakes are bigger, and entire nations will face debt failure and national realignment. The ripple effects will reshape the global financial system.
Regular SHTF Plan readers understand that a wide variety of events, all over the world, can turn the so-called global recovery into another collapse. And this time, it can potentially be much worse than most of us can even imagine.
Below, we list events that could be game changers, along with Mr. Willie’s assessment of their likelihood of occurrence.
- Greece defaults on its debt (80% chance)
- Food prices soar in the US (80% chance)
- Mexico fails as a state (70% chance)
- London metals exchange shuts down (70% chance)
- Russian cuts off natural gas to Eastern Europe (50% chance)
- UKGovt suffers a debt downgrade (50% chance)
- Credit crisis relapse hits the US (40% chance)
- The US supply chain suddenly suffers disruptions (40% chance)
- JPMorgan is object of persistent rumors of gigantic credit derivative losses (40% chance)
- Fannie Mae is revealed as a slush fund, toxic bond haven, and object of grand criminal fraud coverup (40%Â chance)
- Japan suffers a financial & economic crisis (40% chance)
- China gains full naval military capability (30% chance)
- Saudi Royals fall (20% chance)
- The real 911 story comes out (20% chance)
- China faces a degree of chaos (20% chance)
- Iran is attacked (10% chance)
- Talk swirls for eliminating some central banks (10% chance)
Some of the events listed above may already be on the forefront of your news watch list, but there may be some you haven’t considered as of yet. Jim Willie provides a brief analysis of each event and how it may affect global events if it were to occur.
To read Mr. Willie’s complete overview of each event, we direct our readers to the full article.