Jim Rogers is the guest host of CNBC Asia Squakbox on March 4, 2009.
Jim Rogers provides some insights into his forecasts and investment strategy, including:
- Social unrest, civil unrest everywhere, including the United States. We’re in perilous times. the economy in the world is going to be bad for more than 2 or 3 years. It always has lead to problems. So, be prepared.
- Some parts of China are booming and will continue to boom no matter what. things like water treatment and agriculture have to boom. China has a stupendous water problem. India has a worse water problem than China.
- The IMF is trying to sell its gold. If the IMF sells their gold, then that’s going to drive the price of gold down, a lot.Â Buy as much as you can if this happens.
- Jim Rogers suspects he’ll make more money with silver than gold.
- Some concerns exist around the Chinese banks lending money domestically which is being put into the Chinese stock markets, possibly pumping prices.
- China has been strategically purchasing hard asset oil producers to protect future supply lines. This may be detrimental to US Treasury bonds, as China is now investing their reserves elsewhere.
- Oil reserves worldwide declining year over year. This indicates long-term growth potential.
- British Pounds Sterling may trade 1.2 to 1 to the US dollar, and potentially less than 1 to 1 over the next few years.
- The Euro may also get hit near-term, as a result of issues in Eastern Europe and possible default.
- Various forecasts for Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar,Â Brazilian Real, Japanese Yen (Part 5 of 5)
Part 1 of 5
Part 2 of 5
Part 3 of 5
Part 4 of 5
Part 5 of 5